Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nothing in my stash?!?

I was going to finish catching up with the quilt along blocks but now that I have decided I really don't like one of my fabric choices I went digging through my stash for some green that would work. Nothing! Nada! It's hard to believe but I have nothing in my stash that will work. Really! I am going to make a quick trip to one of the LQS near my best quilting buddy's house tomorrow...maybe drag her along and then get invited in for a glass of wine. Sounds like a plan.

Last night I started grabbing random charm squares that I have had for a while and making strip sets. I decided a couple of months ago to make a quilt for my bed with them. They are "Chocolat" from 3 Sisters for Moda. I love these colors! I think I have 5 or 6 charm packs...could be more. I get overjealous sometimes when I find fabric that I really like. Anyway, I have them in a basket and I pull 3 out, sew them together and then make up 3 sets of 3 for a quick, no thinking 9 block. I am pretty sure I am going to do the "disappearing nine-patch" thing with them. Our quilting group, S4, is getting together this Sunday and I think making these sets would be pretty mindless work while we are talking. I never do anything that requires real thinking when we are together having learned (the hard way) from past experience!

Ohhh...I just got a phone call from one of the shops on the quilt hop back in December. Turns out that I won a door prize. Whoopee! I was planning on a trip north to pick up a new sewing machine next weekend so I will zip by and pick up my prize. More to follow on both!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning the prize! I hope it's something good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you find you're ready for borders, let me know. I have yardage and I think I'm just about Chocolat-ed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the door prize! Can't wait to see what it is!
    Love the Chocolat fabric, and how you're using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used these fabrics for the Quilt A Long. Love them. They would look even nicer in a disappearing nine patch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...